Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fireworks with Gavin!

So last night I decided to go to eagle mountain, where my brother and sister in law live with my adorable nephew. It was town days for them this week, so of course, there were concerts and fireworks. I met up with them at their church, and we decided to sit on the lawn and wait for the fireworks. I got there around 9:20 pm. At about 9:30 the last performer got on stage. It was country music. My favorite. Me and Gavin decided it would be fun to spot the planes, sing some songs, etc. We had such a blast. It was getting a little cold as we sat there, and because we thought the day was beautiful, we hadnt planned for the cold. We had a blanket and a hoodie. I gave Gavin my hoodie, and he was not happy because he couldnt get his arms out. As long as I distracted him long enough, he would smile or laugh! The fireworks didnt start til almost 11:30 AT NIGHT---try entertaining a 19 month old child for that long outside, in the dark, with nothing but a camera, cell phone, and your voice. It was rather entertaining. Me and Gavin made up songs using the words, "Rock Guitar" "Drum Sticks" "moon" "plane" and "stars" it was pretty entertaining. Because I had my camera and Gavin enjoys using his words, he kept asking me to take pictures. I had no problem with that, and some of them turned out really cute!!! These are just a few of them...Despite the long wait, and the cold, it was a rather fun night, and I would do it again in a heartbeat! My nephew is the cutest!!!!

Gavin wasnt sure how he felt about the fireworks...they are loud, but they sure are pretty...and he likes lights and "pretty" things...like the temple :) I had to add a couple pictures of fireworks, because this was the whole reason I went down there anyway!!!





Gavin kept looking up to the sky to find the "planes"---there were, literally maybe two the whole time---but when he woudl see a star, he would say..."oh, look, plane"---when I told him they were stars, he would say "no, plane" and it was just cute---I caught it in action!!!


This was when Gavin kept saying "picture picture"--- I love the face he was making! we were laughing so hard! He is my best buddy!!! I love this boy!!

Because Gavin wasnt too happy about having his arms under my hoodie, I kept trying to make him laugh. He had the cutest smile on at one point and I am so glad I had my camera ready for this picture! He is the most adorable little kid! I cant get enough of him!
Anyway---it made for a late night, but it sure was fun! I suggest doing it anytime you can---especially if you can capture moments like this!!! :)

(I also caught Gavin singing...I will post the video next time, for now I am off to church!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Way cute! Last year when my daughter saw the fireworks, she called them fairy dust! It was way cute! We could see the fireworks from our condo porch.

    ReplyDelete