Wednesday, June 3, 2009

...Mems...


This is my dearest friend from high school's grave. His name is Blake Andrew Eggett. He play piccolo in the marching band with me and also took me to prom my senior year. He is my sunshine. I miss him everyday!!! Blake was my best friend for 4 beautiful years! I love him so very much! I think about him everyday! I adore him! *sigh* I miss him!!!
The reason I am posting this, is because these two men have changed my life more than any other person thus far, and I want to share that with the world, their lives and deaths both taught me more than I imagined it would!
For memorial day this year, I decided to write my grandpa a poem---I am going to post it below---Just so you can all know how I feel!!! My Grandpa was so awesome! I miss him all the time, more so than I even realize for the most part! I love this man---he taught my Dad to be who he is---and for that, I will be forever grateful! I love my papa Charlie!! :) A whole lot!!!





I THOUGHT ABOUT YOU YESTERDAY
I thought about you yesterday
but that is nothing new
I think about you all the time
because I sure do love you.
I thought about you yesterday
as I was swinging on a swing
I thought about you a month ago
as I was preparing to sing.
I've thought about you every day since you passed away
I thought about your life
and the "I love you(s)" I didn’t say
I thought about your memory
the joy you left, the tears
I thought about you yesterday
and over the years...I've thought about how lucky I am
to know a man like you
I thought about you yesterday

Grandpa I MISS YOU!

I thought about the hugs, the smiles
the laughter changed to fear
I thought about you yesterday how you'd wipe away my tears.
I thought about you yesterday and worried about this test

...the one thing I know I will never forget...GRANDPA CHARLIE YOU ARE THE BEST!!!
this post is dedicated to two of the most amazing angels I know!!!


1 comment: